Norfolk State 63
(8-10, 5-9 away)
UMD Eastern Shore 58
(0-13, 0-3 home)
Venue: Hytche Athletic Center
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
|UMD Eastern Shore
||P Williams 12
||R Gaston 6
||J Fuentes 5
|UMD Eastern Shore
||K Jones 14
||T Snyder 5
||K Jones 2
Norfolk State squared off with Maryland-Eastern Shore on Saturday, January 12th and got a victory on the road against the Hawks 63-58 in conference action. The Spartans were led by Pendarvis Williams, who got 12 points plus four rebounds. Malcom Hawkins had 14 points and added two rebounds. Kevin Mays recorded a double-double for the Hawks on a game-high 27 points and 10 rebounds. Norfolk State (8-10, 1-0 MEAC) heads to Howard (4-12, 1-1 MEAC) on Monday, January 14th.
Norfolk State Game Notes
- The last time NSU started the season 8-10 was 2004.
- This is the 4th win of the season where the Spartans came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Malcom Hawkins and Pendarvis Williams) accounted for 41.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rashid Gaston and Rob Johnson) accounted for 41.0% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (35) than the starters (28).
- Malcom Hawkins has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 18 games this season.
- Rashid Gaston has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 18 games this season.
- Pendarvis Williams has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Malcom Hawkins has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Malcom Hawkins had a career high with 3 three-pointers.
- Rashid Gaston recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
Maryland-Eastern Shore Game Notes
- This loss extended the Hawks losing streak to 13 games.
- Kevin Mays recorded a team season high in field goals made with 10 and free throws attempted with 13.
- Francis Ezeiru tallied a team season high in defensive rebounds with 9.
- Kevin Mays accounted for 46.5% of the team's points.
- Francis Ezeiru accounted for 30.9% of the team's rebounds.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Kevin Mays's career.
- Kevin Mays recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Francis Ezeiru recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ishaq Pitt set career highs with 8 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
|-||K. Lila-St. Rose||3||3||0||0||0||0||0|
|-||D. Williams II||4||0||0||0||0||0||0|