On Saturday, January 12th, Washington State took on California and dropped one to the Golden Bears 67-54 in conference play. Mike Ladd picked up a double-double in the Cougars loss including 12 points and 12 rebounds. Brock Motum had 16 points and added four rebounds. Justin Cobbs finished with 10 points and five rebounds for the Golden Bears. Next up for Washington State (9-6, 0-3 Pac 12) is Utah (6-7, 0-3 Pac 12) on Wednesday, January 16th on their home court.
Washington State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:03 left to go.
- Washington State started 9-7 during the 2011 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- Washington State has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 54 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.6% or better this season, Washington State has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 67 or more total points this season, Washington State has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- WSU set a season low for assists.
- Washington State has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Mike Ladd recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 9.
- The top two scorers (Brock Motum and Royce Woolridge) accounted for 51.8% of the points.
- Mike Ladd accounted for 35.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Brock Motum has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 16 games this season.
- Mike Ladd has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 16 games this season.
- Brock Motum has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Ladd recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mike Ladd has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Ladd recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 5th of his career.
- Mike Ladd had a career high with 9 offensive rebounds.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Dexter Kernich-Drew.
California Game Notes
- Richard Solomon recorded a team season high in blocks with 6.
- The top two scorers (Tyrone Wallace and Allen Crabbe) accounted for 44.7% of the points.
- Richard Solomon has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 16 games this season.
- Justin Cobbs set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for David Kravish.
- Richard Solomon set a career high with 6 blocks.