Washington State 54
(9-7, 0-5 away)
(10-6, 8-4 home)
Venue: Haas Pavilion
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||B Motum 19
||B Motum 6
||R Woolridge 2
||A Crabbe 20
||D Kravish 7
||J Cobbs 3
On Saturday, January 12th, California beat Washington State 67-54 in conference play. Justin Cobbs had a big game for the Golden Bears and got 10 points and five rebounds. Richard Solomon had seven points and added eight rebounds. Mike Ladd registered a double-double for the Cougars on 12 points and 12 rebounds. California (10-6, 2-2 Pac 12) takes on Stanford (10-6, 1-2 Pac 12) on Saturday, January 19th on the road.
California Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:03 left to go.
- California started 10-6 during the 2006, 2005, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- California beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Golden Bears have beaten the spread.
- California has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when its had a field goal percentage of 48.6% or better.
- California has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 4 or fewer steals.
- California has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 22.2% three-point percentage.
- This season California has won 100% of the time (6-0) when Justin Cobbs has 6 free throws made or more and 71% of the time (5-2) when Richard Solomon has 8 rebounds or more.
- The Golden Bears set season highs for blocks and free throws made.
- Our 11 blocks is the 10th best among all NCAA games this season.
- The last time California recorded at least 28 free throws made was Feb 05, 2011 against Arizona.
- California set a season low for field goals made.
- The Golden Bears have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 5 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--California has a 5.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Richard Solomon recorded a team season high in blocks with 6.
- The top two scorers (Tyrone Wallace and Allen Crabbe) accounted for 44.7% of the points.
- Richard Solomon has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 16 games this season.
- Justin Cobbs had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for David Kravish.
- Richard Solomon had a career high with 6 blocks.
Washington State Game Notes
- Washington State lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Cougars losing streak to 3 games.
- Mike Ladd recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 9.
- The top two scorers (Brock Motum and Royce Woolridge) accounted for 51.8% of the points.
- Mike Ladd accounted for 35.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Brock Motum has led the team in scoring 13 times in 16 games this season.
- Mike Ladd has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 16 games this season.
- Brock Motum has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Ladd recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mike Ladd has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Ladd recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 5th of his career.
- Mike Ladd set a career high with 9 offensive rebounds.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Dexter Kernich-Drew.