St. Bonaventure 65
(7-8, 6-2 home)
Venue: Reilly Center
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||T Graham 15
||J Reddic 7
||D Theus 4
||D Conger 14
||D Conger 6
||D Conger 2
On Saturday, January 12th, Virginia Commonwealth took on St. Bonaventure and won on the road versus the Bonnies 72-65 in conference action. Treveon Graham had an impressive game for the Rams and put up a team-high 17 points and nine rebounds. Jarred Guest had nine points and added four rebounds. Demetrius Conger got a game-high 19 points and seven rebounds for the Bonnies. The Rams are on an eight-game win streak. The next game will be on Thursday, January 17th when Virginia Commonwealth (14-2, 2-0 A-10) welcomes St. Joseph's (PA) (8-4, 0-0 A-10).
Virginia Commonwealth Game Notes
- The last time VCU started the season 14-3 was 2006.
- The win over St. Bonaventure extended the Virginia Commonwealth winning streak to 11 games.
- Virginia Commonwealth has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its had a field goal percentage of 52.0% or better.
- The Rams have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 15 or more free throws made.
- Virginia Commonwealth has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- VCU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 28 or fewer rebounds.
- VCU has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after holding an opponent to under 41.2% field goal percentage.
- This season Virginia Commonwealth has won 100% of the time (10-0) when Troy Daniels has 10 points or more, 91% of the time (10-1) when Rob Brandenberg has 4 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (7-0) when Briante Weber has 5 rebounds or more.
- The Rams have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- Virginia Commonwealth has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 12 games.
- The top two rebounders (Juvonte Reddic and Treveon Graham) accounted for 51.4% of the rebounds.
- Treveon Graham has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 17 games this season.
- Juvonte Reddic has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 17 games this season.
- Juvonte Reddic had a career high with 9 defensive rebounds.
- Troy Daniels has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Treveon Graham has 10 straight double-digit point games.
St. Bonaventure Game Notes
- This loss extended the Bonnies losing streak to 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Demetrius Conger and Chris Johnson) accounted for 44.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Demetrius Conger and Marquise Simmons) accounted for 46.4% of the rebounds.
- Demetrius Conger has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 6 times in 15 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Demetrius Conger.
- Demetrius Conger set a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- Chris Johnson has 3 straight double-digit point games.