In a game where they were outrebounded 49-24 by the Cardinals, South Florida was crushed by No. 3 Louisville 64-38 in conference play. The game was pretty much decided at halftime, with Louisville up 38-15. The Bulls stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-3 for the season. Victor Rudd put up a team-high 10 points plus eight rebounds in the loss. Martino Brock got four points and added three rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Chane Behanan finished with seven points and 12 rebounds for the Cardinals. Next up for South Florida (9-5, 0-3 Big East) is Rutgers (11-3, 2-1 Big East) on Thursday, January 17th on the road.
South Florida Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:53 left to go.
- South Florida started 9-6 during the 2006, 2002, 1999, 1998, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, USF played 40 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 5-35.
- When the opposition records 23 or more field goals made this season, South Florida has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- USF set season lows for assists, field goals made, field goal percentage, rebounds, three-pointers, three-point percentage, and total points.
- The Bulls have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Victor Rudd and Javontae Hawkins) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- Victor Rudd accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (12) than the starters (10).
- Victor Rudd has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 7 times in 15 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Zach LeDay.
- Victor Rudd has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Louisville Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Peyton Siva and Gorgui Dieng) accounted for 45.3% of the points.
- Gorgui Dieng accounted for 32.6% of the team's rebounds.
- Gorgui Dieng has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 16 games this season.
- Gorgui Dieng recorded the 24th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Gorgui Dieng has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Gorgui Dieng recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 16th of his career.
- Gorgui Dieng set a career high with 16 rebounds.
- Chane Behanan recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.