South Florida 38
(9-6, 2-2 away)
(3) Louisville 64
(15-1, 9-0 home)
Venue: KFC Yum! Center
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||V Rudd 11
||V Rudd 7
||A Collins 7
||R Smith 18
||G Dieng 9
||P Siva 5
No. 3 Louisville outrebounded South Florida 49-24 and easily got by the Bulls 64-38 in conference action on Saturday, January 12th. Louisville jumped out to a huge 38-15 lead at halftime and never let up. The Cardinals were led by Chane Behanan, who put up seven points plus 12 rebounds. Gorgui Dieng played his way to a double-double with 12 points and 16 rebounds. Victor Rudd finished with a team-high 10 points and eight rebounds for the Bulls. The Cardinals are on an eight-game win streak. Next up for Louisville (15-1, 3-0 Big East) is Connecticut (12-3, 2-1 Big East) on Monday, January 14th on the road.
Louisville Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:53 left to go.
- Louisville started 15-1 during the 2003, 2002, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over South Florida extended the Louisville winning streak to 10 games.
- Lville beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Cardinals have beaten the spread.
- This was the 9th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Lville has been on the winning end of 53 blowout games.
- Lville set season lows for assists and three-point percentage.
- The Cardinals have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Louisville has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Lville has a 24.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Peyton Siva and Gorgui Dieng) accounted for 45.3% of the points.
- Gorgui Dieng accounted for 32.6% of the team's rebounds.
- Gorgui Dieng has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 16 games this season.
- Gorgui Dieng recorded the 24th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Gorgui Dieng has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Gorgui Dieng recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 16th of his career.
- Gorgui Dieng had a career high with 16 rebounds.
- Chane Behanan recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
South Florida Game Notes
- South Florida lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Bulls losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Victor Rudd and Javontae Hawkins) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- Victor Rudd accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (12) than the starters (10).
- Victor Rudd has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 7 times in 15 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Zach LeDay.
- Victor Rudd has 4 straight double-digit point games.
|B||S. Van Treese||13||4||3||0||1||0||1|