McNeese State was destroyed by Sam Houston State 72-57 in conference play on Saturday, January 12th. McNeese State kept the game close at half, down 28-27, but then Sam Houston State was able to break it wide open in the second half. The Cowboys got a season-high 18 points and six rebounds from Ledrick Eackles. Kevin Hardy scored seven points and added seven rebounds. For the Bearkats, DeMarcus Gatlin got a team-high 15 points and three rebounds. Next up for McNeese State (7-8, 1-4 SLC) is Lamar (2-14, 0-4 SLC) on Saturday, January 19th at home.
McNeese State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:02 left to go.
- McNeese State started 7-8 during the 2008, 2007, 2004, and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- McNeese State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- The Cowboys have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 33.3% or worse.
- When the opposition records 43 or more rebounds this season, McNeese State has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 23 or more field goals made this season, McNeese State has lost 78% of the time (2-7).
- The Cowboys set a season high for three-point percentage.
- MCNS set a season low for steals.
- The Cowboys have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- McNeese State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--MCNS has a 9.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Ledrick Eackles accounted for 31.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Craig McFerrin and Kevin Hardy) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Craig McFerrin has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 15 games this season.
- Jeremie Mitchell had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- Ledrick Eackles has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Ledrick Eackles had a career high with 3 three-pointers.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Desharick Guidry.
Sam Houston State Game Notes
- DeMarcus Gatlin has led the team in scoring 3 times in 16 games this season.
- Michael Holyfield has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 16 games this season.
- DeMarcus Gatlin set a career high with a 80% field goal percentage.
- Michael Holyfield recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.