Appalachian State 80
(6-8, 4-2 home)
Venue: Holmes Center
4:30PM ET / 1:30PM PT, January 12, 2013
||L Troutman 14
||R Beaumont 6
||A Hamilton 3
||J Canty 15
||N Healy 6
||M Neal 3
Elon allowed 30 points from three-point territory to Appalachian State and dropped one to the Mountaineers 80-70 in conference play on Saturday, January 12th. Ryley Beaumont put up a career-high 26 points and nine rebounds in a losing effort. Sebastian Koch had nine points and added six rebounds. For the Mountaineers, Nathan Healy finished with a team-high 22 points and eight rebounds. The next game will be on Monday, January 14th when Elon (8-7, 0-1 SoCon) goes to Western Carolina (7-9, 3-0 SoCon).
Elon Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:16 left to go.
- The last time Elon started the season 8-7 was 2011.
- Elon has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 2 or fewer blocks.
- Elon has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after committing 15 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 14 or more assists this season, Elon has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Elon has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 8 or more steals this season, Elon has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- Elon set season lows for three-pointers and three-point percentage.
- The Phoenix have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 4 games.
- Ryley Beaumont recorded a team season high in points with 26.
- Ryley Beaumont accounted for 37.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryley Beaumont and Lucas Troutman) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- Ryley Beaumont has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 8 times in 15 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Ryley Beaumont's career.
- Ryley Beaumont had career highs with 26 points and 11 field goals made.
- Lucas Troutman has 14 straight double-digit point games.
Appalachian State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Nathan Healy and Michael Neal) accounted for 48.7% of the points.
- Tevin Baskin accounted for 31.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Nathan Healy has led the team in scoring 6 times in 14 games this season.
- Tevin Baskin has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 14 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Nathan Healy's career.
- Nathan Healy has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Nathan Healy set career highs with 3 three-pointers and 4 steals.
- Tevin Baskin recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tevin Baskin has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Tevin Baskin recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Michael Neal set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.