On Saturday, January 12th, Xavier easily beat George Washington 71-56 in A-10 play. The game was never in question, with Xavier taking an insurmountable 35-20 lead into the locker room at halftime. The Musketeers were led by Brad Redford, who put up a career-high 21 points, with all 21 coming from three-point range. Travis Taylor also had a strong outing, scoring six points and adding 11 rebounds. For the Colonials, Lasan Kromah got a team-high 12 points and four rebounds. Xavier (9-6, 2-0 A-10) travels to St. Bonaventure (7-7, 0-1 A-10) on Wednesday, January 16th.
Xavier Game Notes
- The last time XU started the season 9-6 was 2003.
- XU beat the spread by 10.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Musketeers have beaten the spread.
- XU has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 4 or fewer steals.
- XU has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after holding an opponent to under 38.6% field goal percentage.
- This season Xavier has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Jeff Robinson has 6 rebounds or more.
- The Musketeers set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time XU had a three-point percentage of 80.0% or higher was Jan 11, 1997 against Fordham.
- The Musketeers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--XU has a 10.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Brad Redford recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 7.
- The top two scorers (Brad Redford and Semaj Christon) accounted for 59.1% of the points.
- Travis Taylor accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Travis Taylor has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 15 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Brad Redford's career.
- Brad Redford had career highs with 21 points, 7 field goals made, and 7 three-pointers.
- Travis Taylor recorded the 15th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Travis Taylor had a career high with 6 assists.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Semaj Christon's career.
- Semaj Christon has 3 straight double-digit point games.
George Washington Game Notes
- George Washington lost and did not cover the spread.
- Lasan Kromah has led the team in scoring 5 times in 15 games this season.
- Isaiah Armwood has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 15 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Isaiah Armwood.