(12-2, 3-2 away)
Venue: Pete Maravich Center
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||K Boynton 13
||W Yeguete 6
||S Wilbekin 4
||S Coleman 13
||S Coleman 8
||A Hickey 4
No. 11 Florida smoked LSU 74-52 in SEC action on Saturday, January 12th. Kenny Boynton played well for the Gators and put up a game-high 20 points and seven rebounds. Erik Murphy had 12 points and added seven rebounds. Anthony Hickey finished with a team-high 15 points and four assists (4 Stl 3 Reb) for the Tigers. This makes three wins in a row for the Gators. Next up for Florida (12-2, 2-0 SEC) is Texas A&M (10-3, 1-0 SEC) on Thursday, January 17th on the road.
Florida Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:48 left to go.
- Florida started 12-2 during the 2008, 2007, 2006, 2002, 1999, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over LSU extended the Florida winning streak to 4 games.
- UF beat the spread by 11.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Gators have beaten the spread.
- This was the 8th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, UF has been on the winning end of 52 blowout games.
- The Gators have won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after recording 74 or more total points.
- Florida has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- UF has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when opponents record 52 or fewer total points.
- UF has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 32.3% field goal percentage.
- This season Florida has won 100% of the time (5-0) when Kenny Boynton has 20 points or more, 88% of the time (7-1) when Patric Young has 5 field goals made or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when Erik Murphy has 7 rebounds or more.
- The Gators set a season high for rebounds.
- The last time UF recorded at least 53 rebounds was Mar 16, 2007 against Jackson State.
- UF set a season low for blocks.
- The Gators have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Kenny Boynton and Patric Young) accounted for 45.9% of the points.
- Kenny Boynton has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 14 games this season.
- Will Yeguete has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 14 games this season.
- This marks the 33rd 20-point game of Kenny Boynton's career.
- Will Yeguete recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Will Yeguete recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 3rd of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Erik Murphy.
LSU Game Notes
- LSU lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Hickey and Shavon Coleman) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- Anthony Hickey has 3 straight double-digit point games.
|B||M. Frazier II||31||5||7||3||0||0||1|
|C+||A. Del Piero||33||7||5||0||0||0||0|
|C+||J. O`Bryant III||14||2||5||1||0||0||1|