Drexel stumbled against James Madison 51-43 in conference play on Saturday, January 12th. Frantz Massenat put up a team-high 13 points plus three rebounds in a losing effort. Kazembe Abif had six points and added nine rebounds. For the Dukes, Taylor Bessick finished with a season-high nine points and 13 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 19th when Drexel (5-11, 1-3 CAA) goes to William & Mary (7-7, 1-2 CAA).
Drexel Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:36 left to go.
- The Dragons have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a three-point percentage of 25.0% or worse.
- Drexel has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 28 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 38 or more rebounds this season, Drexel has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- Drexel set season lows for field goals made, total points, and turnovers.
- Frantz Massenat accounted for 30.2% of the team's points.
- Kazembe Abif accounted for 32.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Frantz Massenat has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 16 games this season.
- Frantz Massenat has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Kazembe Abif.
James Madison Game Notes
- Taylor Bessick recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 11.
- The top two scorers (Rayshawn Goins and Devon Moore) accounted for 54.9% of the points.
- Taylor Bessick accounted for 34.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Rayshawn Goins has led the team in scoring 11 times in 17 games this season.
- Rayshawn Goins has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Taylor Bessick recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.