Sacred Heart got a win on the road against Quinnipiac 80-74 in NEC play on Saturday, January 12th. Steve Glowiak had an impressive game for the Pioneers and got 21 points on 86% shooting in 37 minutes. Shane Gibson got his third straight game with 22 points or more, scoring a season-high 31 points in 33 minutes. Shane Gibson had a season-high 31 points and added two rebounds. Ike Azotam registered a double-double for the Bobcats on 10 points and 10 rebounds. Sacred Heart (5-10, 3-1 NEC) travels to Robert Morris (9-7, 1-2 NEC) on Thursday, January 17th.
Sacred Heart Game Notes
- Sacred Heart started 5-10 during the 2008 and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- The Pioneers set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time SHU recorded at least 22 free throws made was Jan 19, 2012 against Quinnipiac.
- Mostafa Abdel Latif recorded a team season high in blocks with 3.
- Shane Gibson accounted for 38.7% of the team's points.
- Shane Gibson has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 15 games this season.
- Louis Montes has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 15 games this season.
- Phil Gaetano had career highs with 7 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Steve Glowiak's career.
- This marks the 42nd 20-point game of Shane Gibson's career.
- Shane Gibson has 3 straight 20+ point games.
Quinnipiac Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Ike Azotam and Jamee Jackson) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Dave Johnson has led the team in scoring 4 times in 15 games this season.
- Ike Azotam has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 15 games this season.
- Jamee Jackson recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jamee Jackson recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.
- Jamee Jackson set a career high with 10 rebounds.
- Ike Azotam recorded the 24th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ike Azotam has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Ike Azotam recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 21st of his career.