On Saturday, January 12th, Long Island took on Mount St. Mary's and defeated the Mountaineers 86-72 in conference action. C.J. Garner played well for the Blackbirds and put up 19 points and seven rebounds. E.J. Reed also had an outstanding game, scoring a season-high 21 points and adding seven rebounds. For the Mountaineers, Raven Barber got 10 points and six rebounds. Next up for Long Island (6-10, 1-3 NEC) is Fairleigh Dickinson (6-9, 1-2 NEC) on Thursday, January 17th on the road.
Long Island Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:57 left to go.
- Long Island started 6-10 during the 2004, 2003, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- LIU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 26 or fewer field goals made.
- LIU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 43.3% field goal percentage.
- This season Long Island has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Brandon Thompson has 14 points or more.
- The top two scorers (E.J. Reed and C.J. Garner) accounted for 46.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jamal Olasewere and C.J. Garner) accounted for 45.0% of the rebounds.
- Jamal Olasewere has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 16 games this season.
- This game was the 15th double-digit assist game of Jason Brickman's career.
- C.J. Garner had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- Jamal Olasewere recorded the 25th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jamal Olasewere recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 23rd of his career.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of E.J. Reed's career.
- E.J. Reed has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Mount St. Mary's Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Rashad Whack and Raven Barber) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Rashad Whack has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 5 times in 15 games this season.