Western Michigan 59
(8-7, 4-1 home)
Venue: University Arena (MI)
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||D Cooper 14
||I Baltic 5
||D Cooper 8
||N Hutcheson 11
||S Whittington 8
||A Richie 3
On Saturday, January 12th, Ohio held Western Michigan to just 28% from the floor and narrowly beat the Broncos 61-59 in MAC play. The Bobcats were led by D.J Cooper, who put up a team-high 16 points plus six assists. Reggie Keely got 10 points and added two rebounds. Jared Klein finished with a season-high 18 points and five rebounds for the Broncos. Ohio (11-5, 2-0 MAC) gets Northern Illinois (3-9, 1-0 MAC) on their home court on Wednesday, January 16th.
Ohio Game Notes
- Ohio started 11-5 during the 2006 and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Western Michigan extended the Ohio winning streak to 3 games.
- The Bobcats have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Ohio has won 30 close games.
- The Bobcats have won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after recording 13 or more free throws made.
- Ohio has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) when opponents record 59 or fewer total points.
- This season Ohio has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Nick Kellogg plays 31 minutes or more, 71% of the time (5-2) when D.J Cooper has 4 free throws made or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when Walter Offutt has 5 rebounds or more.
- The Bobcats set a season high for rebounds.
- The last time Ohio recorded at least 38 rebounds was Mar 08, 2012 against Toledo.
- Ohio set season lows for steals and three-pointers.
- The Bobcats have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- Ohio has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (D.J Cooper and Reggie Keely) accounted for 42.6% of the points.
- D.J Cooper has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 16 games this season.
- D.J Cooper has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Reggie Keely has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Reggie Keely.
Western Michigan Game Notes
- The Broncos have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Western Michigan has lost 31 close games.
- This loss extended the Broncos losing streak to 3 games.
- Jared Klein recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11.
- Jared Klein accounted for 30.5% of the team's points.
- Shayne Whittington accounted for 32.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Shayne Whittington has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 15 games this season.
- Brandon Pokley set career highs with a 100% field goal percentage and a 100% three-point percentage.
- Shayne Whittington recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Shayne Whittington recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 5th of his career.
- Shayne Whittington set a career high with 13 rebounds.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Connar Tava.