(10-7, 3-6 away)
Green Bay 53
(8-9, 7-2 home)
Venue: Resch Center
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||G Talton 13
||H Humes 5
||G Talton 4
||K Sykes 15
||A Brown 6
||K Sykes 4
On Saturday, January 12th, UIC took on Green Bay and was tripped up by the Phoenix 53-47 in conference play. Marc Brown got nine points on 75% shooting in 24 minutes for the Flames. Josh Crittle had eight points and added seven rebounds. Alec Brown finished with a season-high 21 points and eight rebounds for the Phoenix. UIC (10-7, 1-3 Horizon) takes on Loyola (Chicago) (10-6, 1-3 Horizon) on Wednesday, January 16th at home.
UIC Game Notes
- The last time UIC started the season 10-7 was 2001.
- UIC beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Flames have beaten the spread.
- UIC has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 8 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 16 or more free throws made this season, UIC has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- UIC set season lows for steals and total points.
- The top two scorers (Gary Talton and Marc Brown) accounted for 42.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Hayden Humes and Josh Crittle) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Gary Talton has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 17 games this season.
- Hayden Humes has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 17 games this season.
- Gary Talton has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Marc Brown had a career high with a 75% field goal percentage.
Green Bay Game Notes
- Green Bay won, but did not cover the spread.
- Alec Brown accounted for 39.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Alec Brown and Greg Mays) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Alec Brown has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 7 times in 17 games this season.
- Keifer Sykes set career highs with 7 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Alec Brown's career.