On Saturday, January 12th, Oklahoma topped Oklahoma State 77-68 in conference play. The Sooners were led by Buddy Hield, who put up 15 points plus five assists. Steven Pledger had 11 points and added nine rebounds. Markel Brown finished with a game-high 19 points and six rebounds for the Cowboys. This makes three wins in a row for the Sooners. Oklahoma (11-3, 2-0 Big 12) takes on Texas Tech (8-5, 1-1 Big 12) on Wednesday, January 16th on their home court.
Oklahoma Game Notes
- Oklahoma started 11-3 during the 2007, 2002, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Oklahoma State extended the Oklahoma winning streak to 4 games.
- OU beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Sooners have beaten the spread.
- The Sooners have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 19 or more free throws made.
- Oklahoma has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when its had a field goal percentage of 43.1% or better.
- OU has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after holding an opponent to under 28.6% three-point percentage.
- This season Oklahoma has won 78% of the time (7-2) when Steven Pledger has 11 points or more, 86% of the time (6-1) when Amath M`Baye has 5 field goals made or more, and 88% of the time (7-1) when Romero Osby has 5 free throws made or more.
- The Sooners set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time OU had a three-point percentage of 61.5% or higher was Feb 01, 2012 against Kansas.
- OU set a season low for blocks.
- The Sooners have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Oklahoma has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 6th game at home this season--OU has a 14.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Romero Osby and Amath M`Baye) accounted for 41.5% of the points.
- Romero Osby has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 14 games this season.
- Steven Pledger has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 14 games this season.
- Steven Pledger has 7 straight double-digit point games.
Oklahoma State Game Notes
- Oklahoma State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Markel Brown and Le`Bryan Nash) accounted for 45.5% of the points.
- Markel Brown has led the team in scoring 6 times in 15 games this season.
- Philip Jurick has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 15 games this season.
- Markel Brown has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Marcus Smart has 7 straight double-digit point games.