On Saturday, January 12th, Fresno State was crushed by No. 25 New Mexico 72-45 in conference play. Fresno State dug a hole early, down 39-22 at the break, and was never able to get back in the game. The Bulldogs are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-2). The Bulldogs got six points and nine rebounds from Jerry Brown Jr. Allen Huddleston got six points. Alex Kirk registered a double-double for the Lobos on a game-high 19 points and 14 rebounds. Next up for Fresno State (5-9, 0-2 MWC) is Wyoming (13-1, 0-1 MWC) on Wednesday, January 16th at home.
Fresno State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:51 left to go.
- Prior to this game, Fresno State played 4 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 0-4.
- Fresno State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 8 or fewer free throws made.
- The Bulldogs have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a three-point percentage of 25.0% or worse.
- When the opposition records 43 or more rebounds this season, Fresno State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- The Bulldogs set season highs for blocks and turnovers.
- The last time Fresno State recorded at least 19 turnovers was Nov 11, 2011 against Illinois State.
- Fresno State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Marvelle Harris and Robert Upshaw) accounted for 44.4% of the points.
- Jerry Brown Jr accounted for 36.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Marvelle Harris has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 15 games this season.
- Jerry Brown Jr has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 15 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Robert Upshaw.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Tanner Giddings.
New Mexico Game Notes
- Alex Kirk recorded a team season high in rebounds with 14 and offensive rebounds with 8.
- The top two scorers (Alex Kirk and Cameron Bairstow) accounted for 48.6% of the points.
- Alex Kirk accounted for 32.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Alex Kirk has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 11 times in 17 games this season.
- Alex Kirk recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Alex Kirk has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Alex Kirk recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 5th of his career.
- Alex Kirk set career highs with 14 rebounds and 8 offensive rebounds.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Cameron Bairstow.
- Cameron Bairstow set career highs with 16 points and 6 field goals made.