Kent State 61
(10-6, 4-2 away)
Ball State 47
(7-7, 5-4 home)
Venue: Worthen Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||C Evans 16
||C Evans 7
||K Brewer 2
||J Berry 13
||M Majok 10
||M Posley 2
Ball State shot just 28% from the field and lost in front of the home crowd against Kent State 61-47 in conference play on Saturday, January 12th. The game got away from Ball State early, as they dug themselves a 35-20 hole at halftime and never got back into it. The Cardinals got a double-double out of Majok Majok with a team-high 13 points and 12 rebounds. Chris Bond also had a solid outing, scoring 10 points and adding nine rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). For the Golden Flashes, Randal Holt finished with a game-high 16 points and four assists. Ball State (7-7, 1-1 MAC) takes on Akron (10-4, 1-0 MAC) on Wednesday, January 16th on the road.
Ball State Game Notes
- The last time BallSt started the season 7-7 was 2008.
- Ball State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 17 or fewer field goals made.
- The Cardinals have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a three-point percentage of 21.7% or worse.
- Ball State has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after committing 18 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 39 or more rebounds this season, Ball State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- The Cardinals set a season high for rebounds.
- BallSt set season lows for field goal percentage and total points.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--BallSt has a 1.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Majok Majok recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 17.
- The top two scorers (Majok Majok and Chris Bond) accounted for 48.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Majok Majok and Chris Bond) accounted for 43.7% of the rebounds.
- Majok Majok has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 11 times in 14 games this season.
- Majok Majok recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Majok Majok recorded a double-double. It was the 5th of his career.
Kent State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Randal Holt and Chris Evans) accounted for 49.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Bryson Pope and Mark Henniger) accounted for 46.1% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (45) than the starters (16).
- Randal Holt has led the team in scoring 4 times in 16 games this season.
- Bryson Pope has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 16 games this season.
- Chris Evans has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Randal Holt has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Bryson Pope recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
|-||E. Morris Jr.||3||0||1||0||0||0||0|