(13-5, 5-4 away)
(4-13, 4-4 home)
Venue: Klotsche Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||R Broekhoff 17
||R Broekhoff 8
||E Buggs 3
||P Gulley 15
||J Haarsma 5
||J Aaron 3
On Saturday, January 12th, Valparaiso scored 36 points from three-point territory and blew out Milwaukee 76-52 in Horizon action. The Crusaders got a double-double out of Ryan Broekhoff with a game-high 26 points and 10 rebounds (4 Ast 3 Blk). Ryan Broekhoff also put up 21 points from three-point range. Kevin Van Wijk had 12 points and added four rebounds. Demetrius Harris finished with 14 points and six rebounds for the Panthers. The next game will be on Thursday, January 17th when Valparaiso (13-5, 3-1 Horizon) heads to Detroit (11-4, 3-0 Horizon).
Valparaiso Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:38 left to go.
- Valparaiso started 13-5 during the 2010, 2007, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Milwaukee extended the Valparaiso winning streak to 3 games.
- Valpo beat the spread by 12.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Crusaders have beaten the spread.
- This was the 7th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Valpo has been on the winning end of 23 blowout games.
- The Crusaders have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 76 or more total points.
- Valparaiso has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) when its had a field goal percentage of 49.2% or better.
- Valpo has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 17 or fewer field goals made.
- Valpo has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 34.0% field goal percentage.
- This season Valparaiso has won 89% of the time (8-1) when Kevin Van Wijk has 12 points or more and 100% of the time (5-0) when Matt Kenney has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Crusaders set a season high for blocks.
- The last time Valpo recorded at least 8 blocks was Nov 12, 2010 against Indiana-Northwest.
- Valpo set a season low for free throws made.
- Ryan Broekhoff recorded a team season high in field goals made with 9 and three-pointers with 7.
- Ryan Broekhoff accounted for 34.2% of the team's points.
- Ryan Broekhoff has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 12 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Ryan Broekhoff's career.
- Ryan Broekhoff has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Broekhoff recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 19th of his career.
- Ryan Broekhoff had career highs with 9 field goals made and 7 three-pointers.
- This was the 7th foul out of the season for Kevin Van Wijk.
Milwaukee Game Notes
- Milwaukee lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 4th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, UWM has been on the losing end of 20 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Panthers losing streak to 3 games.
- Paris Gulley accounted for 34.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (J.J. Panoske and Demetrius Harris) accounted for 41.9% of the rebounds.
- Paris Gulley has led the team in scoring 6 times in 17 games this season.
- Paris Gulley has 5 straight double-digit point games.
|B+||Kevin Van Wijk||23||12||4||0||1||1||1|