North Carolina 77
(11-5, 3-3 away)
Florida State 72
(10-6, 6-5 home)
Venue: Donald L. Tucker Center
2:10PM ET / 11:10AM PT, January 12, 2013
||J Michael McAdoo 14
||J Michael McAdoo 8
||M Paige 4
||M Snaer 15
||T Shannon 6
||M Snaer 2
Florida State was outrebounded 41-19 by North Carolina and took a home loss to the Tar Heels 77-72 in conference play on Saturday, January 12th. The Seminoles got a team-high 15 points and six rebounds from Okaro White. Kiel Turpin scored six points and added two rebounds. For the Tar Heels, Reggie Bullock got 12 points and eight rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 19th when Florida State (10-6, 2-1 ACC) heads to Virginia (11-5, 1-2 ACC).
Florida State Game Notes
- Florida State started 10-6 during the 2011 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The Seminoles have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Florida State has lost 23 close games.
- Florida State has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after recording 4 or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition records 77 or more total points this season, Florida State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- The Seminoles set a season high for three-pointers.
- FSU set a season low for rebounds.
- The Seminoles have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- Florida State has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--FSU has a 3.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Okaro White and Terry Whisnant II) accounted for 40.2% of the points.
- Okaro White accounted for 31.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Okaro White has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 8 times in 16 games this season.
- Okaro White has 3 straight double-digit point games.
North Carolina Game Notes
- The top two scorers (P.J. Hairston and James Michael McAdoo) accounted for 48.0% of the points.
- P.J. Hairston has led the team in scoring 3 times in 16 games this season.
- Reggie Bullock has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 16 games this season.
- James Michael McAdoo has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Reggie Bullock has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of P.J. Hairston's career.
|C+||T. Whisnant II||27||14||0||1||1||0||1|