In a game where they outrebounded the Seminoles 41-19, North Carolina won on the road versus Florida State 77-72 in conference action. Reggie Bullock had a big game for the Tar Heels and got 12 points plus eight rebounds. P.J. Hairston had a career-high 23 points and added four rebounds. For the Seminoles, Okaro White got a team-high 15 points and six rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 19th when North Carolina (11-5, 1-2 ACC) welcomes Maryland (13-2, 1-1 ACC).
North Carolina Game Notes
- North Carolina started 11-5 during the 2005, 2002, 1999, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- UNC beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Tar Heels have beaten the spread.
- North Carolina has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its had a field goal percentage of 48.3% or better.
- The Tar Heels have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 8 or more three-pointers.
- North Carolina has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after committing 14 or fewer turnovers.
- UNC has won 77% of the time this season (10-3) when opponents record 13 or fewer free throws made.
- This season North Carolina has won 78% of the time (7-2) when James Michael McAdoo has 14 points or more and 75% of the time (6-2) when Reggie Bullock has 4 assists or more.
- North Carolina has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (P.J. Hairston and James Michael McAdoo) accounted for 48.0% of the points.
- P.J. Hairston has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 16 games this season.
- Reggie Bullock has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 16 games this season.
- James Michael McAdoo has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Reggie Bullock has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of P.J. Hairston's career.
Florida State Game Notes
- Florida State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Seminoles have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Florida State has lost 23 close games.
- The top two scorers (Okaro White and Terry Whisnant II) accounted for 40.2% of the points.
- Okaro White accounted for 31.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Okaro White has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 8 times in 16 games this season.
- Okaro White has 3 straight double-digit point games.