(3-14, 0-10 away)
(10-6, 5-2 home)
Venue: Patrick Gym
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||R Cook 15
||B Roseboro 6
||A Morgan 3
||L Apfeld 10
||B Voelkel 8
||B Voelkel 4
Maryland-Baltimore County forced only six turnovers and was destroyed by Vermont 68-53 in conference play on Saturday, January 12th. The Retrievers got a team-high 17 points and eight rebounds from Chase Plummer. Brian Neller also had a decent outing, scoring 13 points. Clancy Rugg got a career-high 19 points and nine rebounds for the Catamounts. Maryland-Baltimore County (3-14, 1-3 America East) hosts Hartford (10-6, 3-1 America East) on Wednesday, January 16th.
Maryland-Baltimore County Game Notes
- Maryland-Baltimore County has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 53 or fewer total points.
- The Retrievers have lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 36.4% or worse.
- Maryland-Baltimore County has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after committing 19 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 68 or more total points this season, Maryland-Baltimore County has lost 100% of the time (0-12).
- When the opposition records 22 or more field goals made this season, Maryland-Baltimore County has lost 100% of the time (0-11).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 44.0% or better this season, Maryland-Baltimore County has lost 100% of the time (0-11).
- UMBC set a season low for field goals made.
- Maryland-Baltimore County has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Chase Plummer recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 12.
- Chase Plummer accounted for 32.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Chase Plummer and Ryan Cook) accounted for 45.1% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (14) than the starters (12).
- The bench recorded more points (32) than the starters (21).
- Chase Plummer has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 6 times in 17 games this season.
- Chase Plummer has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Aaron Morgan.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Brett Roseboro.
Vermont Game Notes
- Clancy Rugg recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 11.
- Ethan O`Day tallied a team season high in free throws attempted with 10.
- The top two scorers (Clancy Rugg and Ethan O`Day) accounted for 45.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Clancy Rugg and Brian Voelkel) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Clancy Rugg has led the team in scoring 4 times in 16 games this season.
- Clancy Rugg set career highs with 19 points, 6 field goals made, and 4 steals.
- Sandro Carissimo has 3 straight double-digit point games.