(3-14, 0-10 away)
(10-6, 5-2 home)
Venue: Patrick Gym
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||R Cook 15
||B Roseboro 6
||A Morgan 3
||L Apfeld 10
||B Voelkel 8
||B Voelkel 4
On a day when they turned the ball over only six times, Vermont easily knocked off Maryland-Baltimore County 68-53 in conference play. The Catamounts were led by Clancy Rugg, who put up a career-high 19 points plus nine rebounds. Brian Voelkel had seven points and added nine rebounds. For the Retrievers, Chase Plummer got a team-high 17 points and eight rebounds. Next up for Vermont (10-6, 3-1 America East) is Binghamton (2-14, 0-3 America East) on Wednesday, January 16th at home.
Vermont Game Notes
- Vermont started 10-6 during the 2008 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- The Catamounts have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 68 or more total points.
- Vermont has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when its had a field goal percentage of 44.0% or better.
- UVM has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 53 or fewer total points.
- UVM has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.4% field goal percentage.
- This season Vermont has won 100% of the time (6-0) when Candon Rusin has 4 field goals made or more and 100% of the time (5-0) when Brian Voelkel has 6 assists or more.
- The Catamounts set a season high for blocks.
- UVM set a season low for turnovers.
- The Catamounts have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Vermont has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--UVM has a 7.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Clancy Rugg recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 11.
- Ethan O`Day tallied a team season high in free throws attempted with 10.
- The top two scorers (Clancy Rugg and Ethan O`Day) accounted for 45.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Clancy Rugg and Brian Voelkel) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Clancy Rugg has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 16 games this season.
- Clancy Rugg had career highs with 19 points, 6 field goals made, and 4 steals.
- Sandro Carissimo has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Maryland-Baltimore County Game Notes
- Chase Plummer recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 12.
- Chase Plummer accounted for 32.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Chase Plummer and Ryan Cook) accounted for 45.1% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (14) than the starters (12).
- The bench recorded more points (32) than the starters (21).
- Chase Plummer has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 6 times in 17 games this season.
- Chase Plummer has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Aaron Morgan.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Brett Roseboro.