In spite of 15 points and 10 rebounds from Alex Len, the Terrapins came up short 65-62 against Florida State on January 9th. He leads the team in points with 13.8 per game, rebounds with 8.3 per game, and blocks with 2.2 per game. For the Hurricanes, Kenny Kadji put up 18 points and 9 rebounds in the 68-59 win over North Carolina on January 10th. He contributes 7.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 12.5 points per game. Miami (FL) will hope to exploit their strength in turnover percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 17.0 in this area ranks 2nd in the conference and 27th in the country.
Miami (FL) StatSmack
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Maryland has had more players drafted by the NBA than Miami (5 vs 4).
- It's only wins and losses, but Maryland has a better overall record than Miami this season (12-1 vs 8-3).
- Maryland has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Miami ($35,455 vs $50,148).
- Maryland has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Miami ($20,256 vs $24,396).
- The Maryland three-point leader (Logan Aronhalt) has more three-pointers than the Miami three-point leader (Shane Larkin).
- Charles Mitchell is ranked 9th in the ACC in rebounds.
- Maryland can actually jump, with more rebounds (43.0 per game vs 35.2 per game) than Miami this season.
- Nick Faust is ranked 10th in the ACC in assists.
- Maryland has a more potent offense, scoring more points (76.5 per game vs 68.8 per game) than Miami this season.
- Maryland has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Miami ($19,040 vs $50,148).