(12-5, 2-4 away)
Southern Methodist 59
(11-7, 7-2 home)
Venue: Moody Coliseum
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||J Davis 17
||J Davis 10
||R Tarrant 2
||J Jones 14
||J Jones 8
||N Russell 4
On Saturday, January 12th, Southern Methodist came out on top against Tulane 59-53 in overtime. The Mustangs were led by Nick Russell, who put up a team-high 13 points plus seven assists. Jalen Jones had 10 points and added four rebounds (4 Ast 4 Stl). For the Green Wave, Ricky Tarrant got a game-high 24 points and three rebounds. Southern Methodist (11-7, 1-2 C-USA) welcomes Southern Miss (11-4, 1-0 C-USA) on Wednesday, January 16th.
Southern Methodist Game Notes
- The last time SMU started the season 11-7 was 2006.
- SMU beat the spread by 5.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Mustangs have beaten the spread.
- Southern Methodist has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Mustangs have played in 10 overtime games with a record of 6-4.
- The Mustangs have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Southern Methodist has won 24 close games.
- Southern Methodist has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) when its had a field goal percentage of 46.8% or better.
- Southern Methodist has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after committing 18 or fewer turnovers.
- The Mustangs have won 78% of the time this season (7-2) after recording 22 or more field goals made.
- SMU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 31.8% field goal percentage.
- SMU has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 53 or fewer total points.
- This season Southern Methodist has won 73% of the time (11-4) when Jalen Jones has 10 points or more, 89% of the time (8-1) when Ryan Manuel has 6 free throws made or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when Shawn Williams has 7 rebounds or more.
- The Mustangs set a season high for steals.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--SMU has a 11.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Nick Russell has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 18 games this season.
- Nick Russell has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jalen Jones has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Jalen Jones.
- Jalen Jones had a career high with 4 steals.
- Shawn Williams had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
Tulane Game Notes
- Tulane lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Green Wave have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Tulane has lost 28 close games.
- Ricky Tarrant accounted for 45.2% of the team's points.
- Josh Davis accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Ricky Tarrant has led the team in scoring 7 times in 17 games this season.
- Josh Davis has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 17 games this season.
- Josh Davis recorded the 25th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Josh Davis recorded a double-double. It was his 9th this season and 21st of his career.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Ricky Tarrant's career.
- Ricky Tarrant has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Ricky Tarrant set a career high with 11 free throws made.