Iowa State 82
(11-4, 10-0 home)
Venue: James H. Hilton Coliseum
2:05PM ET / 11:05AM PT, January 12, 2013
||S McClellan 14
||J Holmes 7
||J Felix 6
||W Clyburn 14
||M Ejim 9
||K Lucious 5
Texas was trounced by Iowa State 82-62 in conference play on an afternoon when the Cyclones scored 33 points from behind the arc. Ioannis Papapetrou put up 13 points and seven rebounds in a losing effort. Jonathan Holmes also contributed, scoring a team-high 15 points and adding nine rebounds. For the Cyclones, Will Clyburn finished with 16 points and nine rebounds. Texas (8-8, 0-3 Big 12) gets sixth-ranked Kansas (12-1, 1-0 Big 12) on their home court on Saturday, January 19th.
Texas Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:59 left to go.
- The last time Texas started the season 8-8 was 1998.
- The Longhorns have lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after having a three-point percentage of 22.2% or worse.
- Texas has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after recording 37 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 82 or more total points this season, Texas has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, Texas has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 21 or more free throws made this season, Texas has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- Texas set a season low for turnovers.
- Texas has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Jonathan Holmes and Julien Lewis) accounted for 48.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jonathan Holmes and Ioannis Papapetrou) accounted for 43.2% of the rebounds.
- Jonathan Holmes has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 16 games this season.
- Jonathan Holmes had career highs with 6 field goals made and 8 defensive rebounds.
Iowa State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Georges Niang and Will Clyburn) accounted for 41.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Melvin Ejim and Will Clyburn) accounted for 51.3% of the rebounds.
- Melvin Ejim has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 15 games this season.
- Korie Lucious has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Will Clyburn has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Georges Niang has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Melvin Ejim recorded the 21st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tyrus McGee has 4 straight double-digit point games.