Iowa State 82
(11-4, 10-0 home)
Venue: James H. Hilton Coliseum
2:05PM ET / 11:05AM PT, January 12, 2013
||S McClellan 14
||J Holmes 7
||J Felix 6
||W Clyburn 14
||M Ejim 9
||K Lucious 5
In a game where they scored 33 points from three-point territory, Iowa State easily knocked off Texas 82-62 in Big 12 action. The Cyclones got the win with 16 points and nine rebounds from Will Clyburn. Tyrus McGee also had an excellent game, scoring 15 points. For the Longhorns, Ioannis Papapetrou got 13 points and seven rebounds. The next game will be on Wednesday, January 16th when Iowa State (11-4, 1-1 Big 12) hosts West Virginia (8-7, 1-2 Big 12).
Iowa State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:59 left to go.
- Iowa State started 11-4 during the 2009, 2008, 2005, and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- ISU beat the spread by 11.5 points. That makes the 4th time this season the Cyclones have beaten the spread.
- This was the 7th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, ISU has been on the winning end of 33 blowout games.
- Iowa State has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its had a three-point percentage of 42.3% or better.
- The Cyclones have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 18 or more assists.
- ISU has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- ISU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 22.2% three-point percentage.
- This season Iowa State has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Will Clyburn has 16 points or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when Korie Lucious has 9 assists or more.
- ISU set season lows for steals and turnovers.
- The Cyclones have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--ISU has a 24.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Georges Niang and Will Clyburn) accounted for 41.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Melvin Ejim and Will Clyburn) accounted for 51.3% of the rebounds.
- Melvin Ejim has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 15 games this season.
- Korie Lucious has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Will Clyburn has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Georges Niang has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Melvin Ejim recorded the 21st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tyrus McGee has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Texas Game Notes
- Texas lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points).
- This loss extended the Longhorns losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Jonathan Holmes and Julien Lewis) accounted for 48.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jonathan Holmes and Ioannis Papapetrou) accounted for 43.2% of the rebounds.
- Jonathan Holmes has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 16 games this season.
- Jonathan Holmes set career highs with 6 field goals made and 8 defensive rebounds.