On Saturday, January 12th, Navy was punished by Lafayette 64-47 in conference play. Brandon Venturini led the Midshipmen and put up a career-high 23 points, sinking 7 of 15 from three-point range. Tilman Dunbar had nine points and added six assists. Tony Johnson finished with 14 points and six assists (3 Reb 3 Stl) for the Leopards. Navy (6-10, 0-1 Patriot) takes on Holy Cross (8-8, 0-1 Patriot) on Wednesday, January 16th at home.
Navy Game Notes
- The last time Navy started the season 6-11 was 2001.
- Navy has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 47 or fewer total points.
- The Midshipmen have lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after having a field goal percentage of 37.5% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.0% or better this season, Navy has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 5 or more blocks this season, Navy has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition commits 10 or fewer turnovers this season, Navy has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- Navy set a season low for assists.
- Navy has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Brandon Venturini recorded a team season high in points with 23, three-pointers with 7, field goals attempted with 17, and three pointers attempted with 15.
- Brandon Venturini accounted for 48.9% of the team's points.
- Brandon Venturini has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 17 games this season.
- Worth Smith has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 17 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Brandon Venturini's career.
Lafayette Game Notes
- Seth Hinrichs accounted for 34.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Seth Hinrichs and Levi Giese) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Seth Hinrichs has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 6 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Seth Hinrichs's career.
- Seth Hinrichs has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Seth Hinrichs set a career high with 9 rebounds.
- Tony Johnson has 3 straight double-digit point games.