No. 12 Illinois allowed 30 points from three-point territory to Wisconsin and lost in a stunner to the Badgers 74-51 in conference play on Saturday, January 12th. The game got away from Illinois early, as they dug themselves a 39-19 hole at halftime and never got back into it. Joseph Bertrand put up 12 points and seven rebounds in the Fighting Illini loss. D.J. Richardson had 16 points and added two rebounds. Jared Berggren recorded a double-double for the Badgers with a team-high 15 points and 12 rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, January 17th when Illinois (14-4, 1-3 Big Ten) welcomes Northwestern (10-6, 1-2 Big Ten).
Illinois Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:19 left to go.
- Illinois started 14-4 during the 2001, 2000, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- When the opposition records 43 or more rebounds this season, Illinois has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- Illini set season lows for assists, field goals made, rebounds, three-pointers, and total points.
- The Fighting Illini have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- D.J. Richardson accounted for 31.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Joseph Bertrand and Tracy Abrams) accounted for 45.8% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (12) than the starters (11).
- D.J. Richardson had a career high with 7 field goals made.
Wisconsin Game Notes
- Jared Berggren recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 7.
- The top two rebounders (Jared Berggren and Mike Bruesewitz) accounted for 46.5% of the rebounds.
- Jared Berggren has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 5 times in 16 games this season.
- Jared Berggren recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jared Berggren has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Jared Berggren recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Jared Berggren set a career high with 7 offensive rebounds.
- Ryan Evans has 6 straight double-digit point games.