(14-2, 3-1 away)
Rhode Island 50
(5-10, 4-6 home)
Venue: Ryan Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||C Braswell 11
||W Clayton 7
||P Henry 3
||X Munford 17
||N Malesevic 5
||M Powell 3
On a day when they were outrebounded 45-25 by the 49ers, Rhode Island lost at home against Charlotte 58-50 in conference play. The Rams were paced by Mike Powell, who put up a team-high 16 points and five assists. Andre Malone had 13 points and added five rebounds. Willie Clayton recorded a double-double for the 49ers on 11 points and 13 rebounds. Rhode Island (5-9, 0-2 A-10) gets Saint Louis (12-3, 1-0 A-10) on the road on Saturday, January 19th.
Rhode Island Game Notes
- Rhode Island has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 11 or fewer free throws made.
- The Rams have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a three-point percentage of 17.6% or worse.
- Rhode Island has lost 89% of the time this season (1-8) after committing 11 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 45 or more rebounds this season, Rhode Island has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, Rhode Island has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition commits 13 or fewer turnovers this season, Rhode Island has lost 80% of the time (2-8).
- URI set a season low for total points.
- This is the 4th loss of the season where the Rams opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--URI has a 2.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Mike Powell accounted for 32.0% of the team's points.
- Mike Powell has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 15 games this season.
Charlotte Game Notes
- The top two scorers (DeMario Mayfield and Willie Clayton) accounted for 48.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Willie Clayton and Pierra Henry) accounted for 51.1% of the rebounds.
- DeMario Mayfield has led the team in scoring 4 times in 16 games this season.
- Willie Clayton has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 16 games this season.
- Pierra Henry recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Willie Clayton recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Willie Clayton recorded a double-double. It was the 4th of his career.
- DeMario Mayfield has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Braswell set a career high with 4 steals.