UNC Greensboro 59
(3-11, 0-7 away)
Western Carolina 62
(7-9, 5-1 home)
Venue: Ramsey Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||T Simpson 18
||K McNeil 6
||D Parker 3
||T Sumler 16
||T King 5
||T Sumler 3
On Saturday, January 12th, North Carolina-Greensboro let one slip away to Western Carolina 62-59 in conference play. Derrell Armstrong got a game-high 25 points and five rebounds in the loss. David Williams scored nine points and added six rebounds. Preston Ross got 12 points and five rebounds for the Catamounts. North Carolina-Greensboro (3-11, 0-2 SoCon) goes to Appalachian State (5-7, 1-1 SoCon) on Monday, January 14th.
North Carolina-Greensboro Game Notes
- North Carolina-Greensboro started 3-11 during the 2002 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- UNCG beat the spread by 4.0 points. That makes the 4th time this season the Spartans have beaten the spread.
- The Spartans have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 23 close games.
- The Spartans have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 35.7% or worse.
- North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 6 or fewer three-pointers.
- North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after committing 15 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 31 or more free throws made this season, North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 41 or more rebounds this season, North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 4 or more blocks this season, North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 100% of the time (0-10).
- UNCG set season lows for assists and blocks.
- North Carolina-Greensboro has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- David Williams recorded a team season high in steals with 4.
- Derrell Armstrong accounted for 42.3% of the team's points.
- Derrell Armstrong has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 14 games this season.
- David Williams has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 14 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Nicholas Paulos.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Derrell Armstrong's career.
- Derrell Armstrong has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jordan Potts.
Western Carolina Game Notes
- Western Carolina won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Catamounts won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Western Carolina has lost 26 close games.
- Trey Sumler recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11 and free throws attempted with 13.
- The top two scorers (Trey Sumler and Preston Ross) accounted for 46.7% of the points.
- Trey Sumler has led the team in scoring 10 times in 16 games this season.
- James Sinclair has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 16 games this season.
- Trey Sumler has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Trey Sumler set a career high with 11 free throws made.