In a game where they outshot the Hawks 57%-37%, Stony Brook knocked off Hartford 73-59 in America East action. The game lacked drama, as Stony Brook led 37-18 at the half and never allowed Hartford back in it. Dave Coley had a big game for the Seawolves and got 16 points plus nine rebounds. Tommy Brenton played his way to a double-double with a season-high 16 points and 10 rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). For the Hawks, Evan Cooper got a season-high 18 points and three rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Seawolves. Stony Brook (12-4, 3-0 America East) gets Boston University (7-9, 1-2 America East) at home on Tuesday, January 15th.
Stony Brook Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:42 left to go.
- The win over Hartford extended the Stony Brook winning streak to 4 games.
- The Seawolves have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 73 or more total points.
- Stony Brook has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after committing 17 or fewer turnovers.
- Stony Brook has won 80% of the time this season (8-2) when its had a three-point percentage of 33.3% or better.
- STKNY has won 100% of the time this season (10-0) when opponents record 59 or fewer total points.
- STKNY has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 26.7% three-point percentage.
- This season Stony Brook has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Jameel Warney has 17 points or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when Dave Coley has 5 free throws made or more, and 86% of the time (6-1) when Tommy Brenton has 10 rebounds or more.
- The Seawolves set season highs for blocks and field goal percentage.
- The last time STKNY had a field goal percentage of 57.1% or higher was Feb 21, 2012 against Hartford.
- STKNY set a season low for three-pointers.
- The Seawolves have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Tommy Brenton recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 11.
- The top two scorers (Jameel Warney and Dave Coley) accounted for 45.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tommy Brenton and Dave Coley) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Jameel Warney has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 16 games this season.
- Tommy Brenton has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 16 games this season.
- Tommy Brenton recorded the 44th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tommy Brenton recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 19th of his career.
- Tommy Brenton had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- Jameel Warney has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Hartford Game Notes
- Evan Cooper accounted for 30.5% of the team's points.
- Yolonzo Moore has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 17 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Yolonzo Moore.
- Mark Nwakamma has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Mark Nwakamma.