(12-3, 2-1 away)
(17) Notre Dame 58
(14-2, 12-1 home)
Venue: Joyce Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||S Napier 17
||D Daniels 4
||R Boatright 4
||J Cooley 15
||J Cooley 11
||E Atkins 7
No. 17 Notre Dame was upset by Connecticut 65-58 in conference play on Saturday, January 12th. Jack Cooley put up 14 points and nine rebounds in the loss. Eric Atkins had a season-high 18 points. For the Huskies, Shabazz Napier finished with a game-high 19 points and five rebounds. The next game will be on Tuesday, January 15th when Notre Dame (14-2, 2-1 Big East) goes to St. John's (9-7, 1-3 Big East).
Notre Dame Game Notes
- Notre Dame started 14-2 during the 2010, 2006, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- ND set season lows for assists, free throws made, and total points.
- The Fighting Irish have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 5 games.
- This is the 1st loss of the season where the Fighting Irish opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--ND has a 17.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jerian Grant recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 18.
- Eric Atkins accounted for 31.0% of the team's points.
- Jack Cooley accounted for 32.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Eric Atkins has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 16 games this season.
- Jack Cooley has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 16 games this season.
- Eric Atkins has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jerian Grant has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Jack Cooley has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Jack Cooley.
Connecticut Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Shabazz Napier and Tyler Olander) accounted for 53.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (DeAndre Daniels and Tyler Olander) accounted for 47.0% of the rebounds.
- Shabazz Napier has led the team in scoring 9 times in 15 games this season.
- DeAndre Daniels has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 15 games this season.
- Shabazz Napier has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Boatright has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Tyler Olander set career highs with 16 points and 8 field goals made.