(12-3, 2-1 away)
(17) Notre Dame 58
(14-2, 12-1 home)
Venue: Joyce Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||S Napier 17
||D Daniels 4
||R Boatright 4
||J Cooley 15
||J Cooley 11
||E Atkins 7
On Saturday, January 12th, Connecticut took on No. 17 Notre Dame and got an upset over the Fighting Irish 65-58 in conference action. The Huskies are now 1-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. Shabazz Napier had a big game for the Huskies and put up a game-high 19 points plus five rebounds. Tyler Olander also had a great game, scoring a career-high 16 points and adding seven rebounds. Jack Cooley finished with 14 points and nine rebounds for the Fighting Irish. Connecticut (12-3, 2-1 Big East) gets third-ranked Louisville (14-1, 2-0 Big East) on their home court on Monday, January 14th.
Connecticut Game Notes
- Connecticut started 12-3 during the 2011, 2006, 2002, 2001, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- UCONN beat the spread by 15.5 points. That makes the 4th time this season the Huskies have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, UCONN played 57 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 32-25.
- The Huskies have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 27 or more field goals made.
- UCONN has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 58 or fewer total points.
- This season Connecticut has won 80% of the time (8-2) when Ryan Boatright has 14 points or more and 86% of the time (6-1) when Shabazz Napier has 5 rebounds or more.
- UCONN set season lows for steals and turnovers.
- The Huskies have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 7 games.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Huskies came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Shabazz Napier and Tyler Olander) accounted for 53.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (DeAndre Daniels and Tyler Olander) accounted for 47.0% of the rebounds.
- Shabazz Napier has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 15 games this season.
- DeAndre Daniels has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 15 games this season.
- Shabazz Napier has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Boatright has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Tyler Olander had career highs with 16 points and 8 field goals made.
Notre Dame Game Notes
- Notre Dame lost and did not cover the spread.
- Jerian Grant recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 18.
- Eric Atkins accounted for 31.0% of the team's points.
- Jack Cooley accounted for 32.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Eric Atkins has led the team in scoring 3 times in 16 games this season.
- Jack Cooley has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 16 games this season.
- Eric Atkins has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jerian Grant has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Jack Cooley has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Jack Cooley.