Holy Cross 47
(8-8, 4-6 away)
(11-4, 7-1 home)
Venue: Stabler Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||D Dudzinski 15
||D Dudzinski 6
||J Stevens 2
||C McCollum 23
||H Greiner 6
||M McKnight 5
Lehigh waxed Holy Cross 79-47 in conference action on an afternoon when the Crusaders shot just 30% from the floor. The Mountain Hawks were led by Holden Greiner, who put up 15 points plus six rebounds (4 Ast 3 Blk). Mackey McKnight also had a strong game, scoring a team-high 16 points and adding four assists (4 Stl 3 Reb). For the Crusaders, Justin Burrell got a game-high 16 points. Lehigh (10-4, 1-0 Patriot) takes on American University (6-10, 1-0 Patriot) on Wednesday, January 16th on the road.
Lehigh Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:33 left to go.
- The last time Lehigh started the season 11-4 was 2011.
- This was the 4th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Lehigh has been on the winning end of 17 blowout games.
- The Mountain Hawks have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 17 or more assists.
- Lehigh has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when its had a three-point percentage of 47.6% or better.
- Lehigh has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after committing 9 or fewer turnovers.
- This season Lehigh has won 92% of the time (11-1) when Gabe Knutson has 12 points or more, 71% of the time (5-2) when Holden Greiner plays 31 minutes or more, and 83% of the time (10-2) when Mackey McKnight has 4 assists or more.
- Lehigh set a season low for free throws made.
- The Mountain Hawks have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 10 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--Lehigh has a 20.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Justin Goldsborough and Holden Greiner) accounted for 41.0% of the rebounds.
- Holden Greiner has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Mackey McKnight had a career high with 4 steals.
- Gabe Knutson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Justin Goldsborough recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
Holy Cross Game Notes
- Justin Burrell accounted for 34.0% of the team's points.
- Justin Burrell has led the team in scoring 6 times in 16 games this season.
- Dave Dudzinski has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 16 games this season.
- Justin Burrell has 3 straight double-digit point games.