(10-7, 3-4 away)
Northern Iowa 84
(9-8, 7-3 home)
Venue: McLeod Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||W Lemon Jr. 13
||T Pickett 6
||W Lemon Jr. 3
||A James 11
||J Koch 6
||D Mitchell 3
On Saturday, January 12th, Northern Iowa outscored Bradley 45-24 from behind the three-point line and punished the Braves 84-53 in The Valley action. Northern Iowa took a commanding 41-14 lead at halftime and never looked back. Deon Mitchell had a big game for the Panthers and put up 15 points plus seven assists. Seth Tuttle also had an outstanding game, scoring 13 points and adding eight rebounds. For the Braves, Dyricus Simms-Edwards got 12 points (4 Stl 3 Ast) on 63% shooting. The next game will be on Tuesday, January 15th when Northern Iowa (8-8, 2-3 The Valley) heads to 13th-ranked Creighton (16-1, 5-0 The Valley).
Northern Iowa Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:20 left to go.
- UNI beat the spread by 24.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Panthers have beaten the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, UNI has been on the winning end of 19 blowout games.
- The Panthers have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 37 or more rebounds.
- UNI has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 1 or fewer blocks.
- This season Northern Iowa has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Seth Tuttle has 13 points or more.
- The Panthers set a season high for three-pointers.
- The last time UNI recorded at least 15 three-pointers was Feb 15, 2011 against Bradley.
- The Panthers have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--UNI has a 15.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Deon Mitchell recorded a team season high in assists with 7.
- The top two scorers (Marc Sonnen and Deon Mitchell) accounted for 42.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jake Koch and Seth Tuttle) accounted for 51.3% of the rebounds.
- Marc Sonnen has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 17 games this season.
- Jake Koch has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 17 games this season.
- Deon Mitchell had a career high with 7 assists.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Marc Sonnen's career.
- Marc Sonnen had career highs with 21 points, 7 field goals made, and 7 three-pointers.
- Jake Koch recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jake Koch recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 2nd of his career.
- Seth Tuttle had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Bradley Game Notes
- Bradley lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Braves losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Jalen Crawford and Dyricus Simms-Edwards) accounted for 47.1% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (9) than the starters (7).
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Tyshon Pickett.
|C||Walt Lemon Jr.||29||4||2||4||1||0||3|