(8-7, 1-2 away)
South Carolina 71
(10-5, 8-3 home)
Venue: Colonial Life Arena
1:45PM ET / 10:45AM PT, January 12, 2013
||F Sullivan 17
||R Chubb 10
||J Wallace 7
||B Ellington 18
||D Leonard 9
||M Carrera 5
On Saturday, January 12th, Auburn just barely beat South Carolina 74-71 in SEC action. The Tigers were led by Frankie Sullivan, who put up a team-high 17 points plus five assists. Rob Chubb got a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds. Damien Leonard finished with a season-high 17 points for the Gamecocks, making 5 of 8 from three-point range. Next up for Auburn (8-7, 2-0 SEC) is Arkansas (10-5, 1-1 SEC) on Wednesday, January 16th on the road.
Auburn Game Notes
- The last time Auburn started the season 8-7 was 2005.
- The win over South Carolina extended the Auburn winning streak to 3 games.
- Auburn beat the spread by 6 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- The Tigers have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Auburn is 26-26 in close games.
- The Tigers have won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after recording 9 or more steals.
- Auburn has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 11 or fewer free throws made.
- The Tigers set a season high for field goal percentage (0.585).
- The last time Auburn had a field goal percentage of 58.5% or higher was Feb 20, 2010 against Arkansas.
- Auburn set a season low for rebounds (24).
- This is the 5th win of the season where the Tigers came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Frankie Sullivan and Rob Chubb) accounted for 44.5% of the points.
- Rob Chubb accounted for 41.6% of the team's rebounds.
- Frankie Sullivan has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 15 games this season.
- Rob Chubb has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 15 games this season.
- Frankie Sullivan has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Rob Chubb recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rob Chubb recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 4th of his career.
- Josh Wallace had a career high with 7 assists.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Noel Johnson.
South Carolina Game Notes
- The Gamecocks have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, South Carolina is 28-25 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Bruce Ellington and Damien Leonard) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Damien Leonard and Michael Carrera) accounted for 51.6% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (21) than the starters (8).
- Damien Leonard set career highs with 5 three-pointers, 9 rebounds, and 6 offensive rebounds.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Michael Carrera.
|B||Brian Greene Jr||28||14||1||1||0||1||1|