(14-2, 7-2 away)
(10-6, 7-3 home)
Venue: University of Dayton Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||R Clarke 16
||K Marshall 5
||R Jones 3
||K Dillard 15
||D Oliver 9
||K Dillard 4
On Saturday, January 12th, Dayton took on No. 14 Butler and got beat at home by the Bulldogs 79-73 in conference play. The Flyers got a good performance from Dyshawn Pierre, who got a team-high 14 points and nine rebounds. Devin Oliver had seven points and added 13 rebounds. Roosevelt Jones finished with a game-high 16 points and seven rebounds for the Bulldogs. Next up for Dayton (10-6, 0-2 A-10) is La Salle (10-3, 0-1 A-10) on Wednesday, January 16th on the road.
Dayton Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:10 left to go.
- The last time UD started the season 10-6 was 2000.
- Prior to this game, UD played 19 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 8-11.
- The Flyers have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 39.7% or worse.
- Dayton has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after recording 10 or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, Dayton has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- This is the 10th game at home this season--UD has a 9.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Devin Oliver accounted for 32.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Dyshawn Pierre has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 16 games this season.
- Devin Oliver has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 16 games this season.
- Devin Oliver recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kevin Dillard has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Josh Benson.
Butler Game Notes
- Roosevelt Jones recorded a team season high in free throws made with 8 and free throws attempted with 12.
- The top two rebounders (Roosevelt Jones and Andrew Smith) accounted for 42.3% of the rebounds.
- Roosevelt Jones has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 16 games this season.