(14-2, 7-2 away)
(10-6, 7-3 home)
Venue: University of Dayton Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||R Clarke 16
||K Marshall 5
||R Jones 3
||K Dillard 15
||D Oliver 9
||K Dillard 4
No. 14 Butler got a win on the road against Dayton 79-73 in conference play on Saturday, January 12th. The Bulldogs got the win with a game-high 16 points and seven rebounds from Roosevelt Jones. Andrew Smith had 13 points and added four rebounds. For the Flyers, Dyshawn Pierre finished with a team-high 14 points and nine rebounds. Butler (13-2, 1-0 A-10) takes on Richmond (11-5, 1-0 A-10) on Wednesday, January 16th at home.
Butler Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:10 left to go.
- Butler started 14-2 during the 2006 and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Dayton extended the Butler winning streak to 11 games.
- Butler beat the spread by 5.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- The Bulldogs have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 79 or more total points.
- Butler has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 39.7% field goal percentage.
- Butler has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 10 or fewer assists.
- This season Butler has won 100% of the time (6-0) when Khyle Marshall has 12 points or more, 91% of the time (10-1) when Andrew Smith has 4 field goals made or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when Roosevelt Jones has 7 rebounds or more.
- The Bulldogs set season highs for blocks and three-point percentage.
- The last time Butler had a three-point percentage of 53.8% or higher was Jan 14, 2011 against Detroit.
- Butler set a season low for rebounds.
- The Bulldogs have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 9 games.
- Roosevelt Jones recorded a team season high in free throws made with 8 and free throws attempted with 12.
- The top two rebounders (Roosevelt Jones and Andrew Smith) accounted for 42.3% of the rebounds.
- Roosevelt Jones has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 16 games this season.
Dayton Game Notes
- Dayton lost and did not cover the spread.
- Devin Oliver accounted for 32.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Dyshawn Pierre has led the team in scoring 3 times in 16 games this season.
- Devin Oliver has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 16 games this season.
- Devin Oliver recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kevin Dillard has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Josh Benson.