(7-10, 1-7 away)
UNC Asheville 79
(8-9, 5-2 home)
Venue: Kimmel Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||J Green 13
||J Green 7
||R Price 2
||J Atkinson 17
||J Atkinson 7
||T Meyer 4
North Carolina-Asheville held Radford to only 29% from the floor and thumped the Highlanders 79-61 in Big South action on Saturday, January 12th. The Bulldogs got the win with four points and 12 rebounds from D.J. Cunningham. Jon Nwannunu had a game-high 19 points and added eight rebounds. For the Highlanders, Jalen Carethers finished with three points and five rebounds. North Carolina-Asheville (8-9, 2-1 Big South) goes to Charleston Southern (7-6, 2-0 Big South) on Wednesday, January 16th.
North Carolina-Asheville Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:24 left to go.
- The last time UNCA started the season 8-9 was 2008.
- The Bulldogs have won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after recording 79 or more total points.
- UNCA has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 61 or fewer total points.
- This season North Carolina-Asheville has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Jeremy Atkinson has 18 points or more.
- This is the 6th game at home this season--UNCA has a 16.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- D.J. Cunningham recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10 and blocks with 7.
- The top two scorers (Jon Nwannunu and Jeremy Atkinson) accounted for 46.8% of the points.
- Keith Hornsby has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Jeremy Atkinson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Cunningham recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Radford Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Ya Ya Anderson and Javonte Green) accounted for 45.9% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (20) than the starters (14).
- The bench recorded more points (36) than the starters (25).
- Ya Ya Anderson has led the team in scoring 5 times in 17 games this season.
- Javonte Green has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 17 games this season.
- R.J. Price has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Javonte Green has 4 straight double-digit point games.
|B||Ya Ya Anderson||23||15||3||0||0||1||1|