Kansas State 65
(13-2, 2-2 away)
West Virginia 64
(8-7, 6-2 home)
Venue: WVU Coliseum
1:30PM ET / 10:30AM PT, January 12, 2013
||R McGruder 14
||T Gipson 6
||A Rodriguez 4
||A Murray 10
||A Murray 7
||J Staten 2
On Saturday, January 12th, No. 18 Kansas State took on West Virginia and just barely beat the Mountaineers 65-64 in Big 12 action. Shane Southwell played brilliantly for the Wildcats and put up a career-high 17 points plus four rebounds. Jordan Henriquez had nine points and added seven rebounds. For the Mountaineers, Jabarie Hinds got a season-high 15 points on 60% shooting. The Wildcats are on a five-game win streak. Next up for Kansas State (13-2, 2-0 Big 12) is TCU (9-6, 0-2 Big 12) on Wednesday, January 16th on the road.
Kansas State Game Notes
- The last time K-State started the season 13-2 was 2009.
- The win over West Virginia extended the Kansas State winning streak to 6 games.
- The Wildcats have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Kansas State has won 25 close games.
- Kansas State has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its had a three-point percentage of 35.3% or better.
- The Wildcats have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 8 or more steals.
- Kansas State has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after committing 14 or fewer turnovers.
- K-State has won 100% of the time this season (11-0) when opponents record 64 or fewer total points.
- This season Kansas State has won 100% of the time (5-0) when Rodney McGruder has 17 points or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when Angel Rodriguez has 4 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (8-0) when Will Spradling has 4 assists or more.
- K-State set a season low for free throws made.
- The Wildcats have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- The top two scorers (Shane Southwell and Rodney McGruder) accounted for 52.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Henriquez and Rodney McGruder) accounted for 46.4% of the rebounds.
- Rodney McGruder has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Shane Southwell had a career high with 17 points.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jordan Henriquez.
West Virginia Game Notes
- The Mountaineers have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, West Virginia has lost 26 close games.
- The top two scorers (Jabarie Hinds and Aaric Murray) accounted for 40.6% of the points.
- Jabarie Hinds has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jabarie Hinds set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.