Mississippi State 72
(7-7, 1-5 away)
(6-9, 6-6 home)
Venue: Stegeman Coliseum
1:45PM ET / 10:45AM PT, January 12, 2013
||R Johnson 12
||G Ware 7
||T Bloodman 2
||K Caldwell-Pope 16
||K Caldwell-Pope 6
||C Mann 2
On Saturday, January 12th, Georgia lost in front of the home crowd against Mississippi State 72-61 in conference play. Georgia were led by Kenny Gaines, who put up five points and five rebounds. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope had a team-high 16 points and added three rebounds. For Mississippi State, Jalen Steele got a career-high 21 points and seven rebounds. Georgia (6-9, 0-2 SEC) travels to 10th-ranked Missouri (11-2, 1-0 SEC) on Wednesday, January 16th.
Georgia Game Notes
- The Bulldogs have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 32.8% or worse.
- Georgia has lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after recording 3 or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.3% or better this season, Georgia has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 9 or more three-pointers this season, Georgia has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 13 or more assists this season, Georgia has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- The Bulldogs have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 4 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--UGA has a 3.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Charles Mann) accounted for 49.1% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (20) than the starters (17).
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 15 games this season.
- Donte` Williams has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 15 games this season.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Charles Mann.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Kenny Gaines.
Mississippi State Game Notes
- Jalen Steele recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 16.
- The top two scorers (Jalen Steele and Craig Sword) accounted for 51.3% of the points.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Jalen Steele's career.
- Jalen Steele set career highs with 21 points, 7 field goals made, and 7 rebounds.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Roquez Johnson.