Mississippi State 72
(7-7, 1-5 away)
(6-9, 6-6 home)
Venue: Stegeman Coliseum
1:45PM ET / 10:45AM PT, January 12, 2013
||R Johnson 12
||G Ware 7
||T Bloodman 2
||K Caldwell-Pope 16
||K Caldwell-Pope 6
||C Mann 2
On Saturday, January 12th, Mississippi State got a victory on the road against Georgia 72-61 in conference play. Mississippi State were led by Jalen Steele, who put up a career-high 21 points plus seven rebounds. Trivante Bloodman had six points and added five assists. Kenny Gaines finished with five points and five rebounds for Georgia. The next game will be on Wednesday, January 16th when Mississippi State (7-7, 2-0 SEC) hosts Alabama (9-6, 1-1 SEC).
Mississippi State Game Notes
- The last time MState started the season 7-7 was 1996.
- The win over Georgia extended the Mississippi State winning streak to 3 games.
- MState beat the spread by 18.5 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- The Bulldogs have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 72 or more total points.
- Mississippi State has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its had a field goal percentage of 46.3% or better.
- MState has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 19 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Mississippi State has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Colin Borchert has 5 rebounds or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when Trivante Bloodman has 5 assists or more.
- Mississippi State has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Jalen Steele recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 16.
- The top two scorers (Jalen Steele and Craig Sword) accounted for 51.3% of the points.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Jalen Steele's career.
- Jalen Steele had career highs with 21 points, 7 field goals made, and 7 rebounds.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Roquez Johnson.
Georgia Game Notes
- Georgia lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Charles Mann) accounted for 49.1% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (20) than the starters (17).
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has led the team in scoring 14 times in 15 games this season.
- Donte` Williams has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 15 games this season.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Charles Mann.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Kenny Gaines.