The Hawkeyes fell 62-59 to Michigan State on January 10th. Zach McCabe finished with 15 points and 7 rebounds in the loss. He is averaging 6.2 points and 4.1 rebounds per game. In a 70-54 blowout of Penn State on January 10th, Jared Swopshire put up 17 points and 7 rebounds for the Wildcats. He averages 8.9 points per game in addition to a team-best 5.9 rebounds per game.
- People just expect us to beat you. Iowa has been the favorite 23 out of the last 30 times.
- Iowa has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Northwestern ($16,838 vs $54,190).
- AP voters think more highly of Iowa and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Northwestern (25 vs 3).
- Anthony Clemmons is ranked 6th in the Big Ten in assists.
- Iowa takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Northwestern (2 vs 0).
- The Iowa rebounding leader (Aaron White) has more rebounds than the Northwestern rebounding leader (Jared Swopshire).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Iowa has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Northwestern (8 vs 0).
- Even computers respect Iowa more. We have a better RPI this season than Northwestern (RPI: #88 vs #107).
- Aaron White is ranked 7th in the Big Ten in points and 6th in the Big Ten in rebounds.
- We make our fans proud. Iowa has a better record at home than Northwestern this season (9-1 vs 6-4).