(8-6, 1-3 away)
(9-6, 7-3 home)
Venue: Coleman Coliseum
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||J McRae 13
||J Stokes 7
||T Golden 4
||T Releford 16
||M Gueye 4
||T Lacey 3
On Saturday, January 12th, Alabama turned the ball over just seven times and snuck past Tennessee 68-65 in SEC play. The Crimson Tide got the win with 12 points and six rebounds from Levi Randolph. Andrew Steele had 11 points. Jordan McRae put up his third straight game with 21 points or more for the Volunteers, scoring a game-high 21 points on 57% shooting in 38 minutes. For the Volunteers, Jordan McRae finished with a game-high 21 points and four rebounds. The next game will be on Wednesday, January 16th when Alabama (9-6, 1-1 SEC) goes to Mississippi State (6-7, 1-0 SEC).
Alabama Game Notes
- Alabama started 9-6 during the 2010, 2005, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- The Crimson Tide have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Alabama has won 24 close games.
- The Crimson Tide have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 12 or more assists.
- Alabama has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 7 or fewer assists.
- This season Alabama has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Trevor Releford has 15 points or more and 83% of the time (5-1) when Trevor Lacey has 5 field goals made or more.
- Alabama set a season low for turnovers.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Crimson Tide came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Alabama has a 9.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Trevor Lacey and Trevor Releford) accounted for 44.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Levi Randolph and Moussa Gueye) accounted for 44.0% of the rebounds.
- Trevor Lacey has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 15 games this season.
- Levi Randolph has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 15 games this season.
- Trevor Releford has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Tennessee Game Notes
- The Volunteers have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Tennessee has lost 26 close games.
- This loss extended the Volunteers losing streak to 3 games.
- Jordan McRae accounted for 32.3% of the team's points.
- Jordan McRae has led the team in scoring 5 times in 14 games this season.
- Kenny Hall has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 14 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Jordan McRae's career.
- Jordan McRae has 3 straight 20+ point games.