(8-6, 1-3 away)
(9-6, 7-3 home)
Venue: Coleman Coliseum
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||J McRae 13
||J Stokes 7
||T Golden 4
||T Releford 16
||M Gueye 4
||T Lacey 3
Tennessee let one slip to Alabama 68-65 in conference play on an afternoon when they turned the ball over 16 times. Jordan McRae picked up his third straight game with 21 points or more for the Volunteers, scoring a game-high 21 points on 57% shooting in 38 minutes. The Volunteers were paced by Jordan McRae, who put up a game-high 21 points and four rebounds. Armani Moore scored seven points and added four rebounds. For the Crimson Tide, Levi Randolph finished with 12 points and six rebounds. Tennessee (8-6, 0-2 SEC) travels to Kentucky (10-4, 1-0 SEC) on Tuesday, January 15th.
Tennessee Game Notes
- Tennessee started 8-6 during the 2004 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Tennessee beat the spread by 2.0 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Volunteers have beaten the spread.
- The Volunteers have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Tennessee has lost 26 close games.
- Tennessee has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 8 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 5 or more blocks this season, Tennessee has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- Tennessee set a season low for steals.
- Tennessee has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 6 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Volunteers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Jordan McRae accounted for 32.3% of the team's points.
- Jordan McRae has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 14 games this season.
- Kenny Hall has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 14 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Jordan McRae's career.
- Jordan McRae has 3 straight 20+ point games.
Alabama Game Notes
- Alabama won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Crimson Tide won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Alabama has lost 28 close games.
- The top two scorers (Trevor Lacey and Trevor Releford) accounted for 44.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Levi Randolph and Moussa Gueye) accounted for 44.0% of the rebounds.
- Trevor Lacey has led the team in scoring 7 times in 15 games this season.
- Levi Randolph has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 15 games this season.
- Trevor Releford has 3 straight double-digit point games.