(20) Duke 76
(15-1, 2-1 away)
(20) NC State 84
(14-2, 10-1 home)
Venue: PNC Arena
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||S Curry 16
||M Plumlee 12
||Q Cook 6
||C Leslie 16
||R Howell 10
||L Brown 7
No. 1 Duke faced off with No. 20 NC State on Saturday, January 12th and lost in a stunner to the Wolfpack 84-76 in conference play. The Blue Devils now have a record of 3-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Mason Plumlee earned a double-double for the Blue Devils with 15 points and 11 rebounds. Amile Jefferson also had an outstanding outing, scoring 10 points and adding four rebounds. Richard Howell recorded a double-double for the Wolfpack on 16 points and 18 rebounds. Duke (15-1, 2-1 ACC) takes on Georgia Tech (10-4, 0-2 ACC) on Thursday, January 17th on their home court.
Duke Game Notes
- Duke started 15-1 during the 2010, 2008, 2007, 2004, 2003, 2001, 2000, 1998, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, Duke played 47 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 32-15.
- The Blue Devils have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Duke has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 6 games.
- Seth Curry recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- The top two scorers (Seth Curry and Quinn Cook) accounted for 51.3% of the points.
- Mason Plumlee accounted for 31.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Seth Curry has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 16 games this season.
- Mason Plumlee has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 16 games this season.
- Mason Plumlee recorded the 41st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mason Plumlee recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 28th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Quinn Cook.
- This marks the 33rd 20-point game of Seth Curry's career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Tyler Thornton.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Amile Jefferson.
NC State Game Notes
- Lorenzo Brown recorded a team season high in assists with 13.
- The top two scorers (C.J. Leslie and Richard Howell) accounted for 48.8% of the points.
- Richard Howell accounted for 52.9% of the team's rebounds.
- C.J. Leslie has led the team in scoring 6 times in 16 games this season.
- Richard Howell has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 16 games this season.
- Richard Howell recorded the 33rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Richard Howell has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 3 straight games.
- Richard Howell recorded a double-double. It was his 9th this season and 22nd of his career.
- This game was the 7th double-digit assist game of Lorenzo Brown's career.
- Lorenzo Brown has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Lorenzo Brown recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 4th of his career.
- Lorenzo Brown set a career high with 13 assists.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of C.J. Leslie's career.
- C.J. Leslie has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Scott Wood has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Scott Wood set career highs with a 100% field goal percentage and a 100% three-point percentage.