(20) Duke 76
(15-1, 2-1 away)
(20) NC State 84
(14-2, 10-1 home)
Venue: PNC Arena
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||S Curry 16
||M Plumlee 12
||Q Cook 6
||C Leslie 16
||R Howell 10
||L Brown 7
On Saturday, January 12th, No. 20 NC State took on No. 1 Duke and pulled off an upset over the Blue Devils 84-76 in ACC play. The Wolfpack now have a record of 1-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Richard Howell secured a double-double for the Wolfpack with 16 points and 18 rebounds. C.J. Leslie had a game-high 25 points and added six rebounds. Mason Plumlee got a double-double for the Blue Devils with 15 points and 11 rebounds. NC State (14-2, 3-0 ACC) gets Maryland (13-2, 1-1 ACC) on the road on Wednesday, January 16th.
NC State Game Notes
- The last time NCSU started the season 14-2 was 2005.
- The win over Duke extended the NC State winning streak to 10 games.
- NCSU beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Wolfpack have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, NCSU played 37 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 8-29.
- The Wolfpack have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 84 or more total points.
- NC State has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- NCSU has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- NCSU has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 30.0% three-point percentage.
- This season NC State has won 100% of the time (9-0) when Lorenzo Brown has 12 points or more, 80% of the time (8-2) when Scott Wood plays 33 minutes or more, and 80% of the time (8-2) when T.J. Warren has 5 field goals made or more.
- The Wolfpack set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The Wolfpack have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 12 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--NCSU has a 16.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Lorenzo Brown recorded a team season high in assists with 13.
- The top two scorers (C.J. Leslie and Richard Howell) accounted for 48.8% of the points.
- Richard Howell accounted for 52.9% of the team's rebounds.
- C.J. Leslie has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 16 games this season.
- Richard Howell has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 16 games this season.
- Richard Howell recorded the 33rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Richard Howell has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 3 straight games.
- Richard Howell recorded a double-double. It was his 9th this season and 22nd of his career.
- This game was the 7th double-digit assist game of Lorenzo Brown's career.
- Lorenzo Brown has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Lorenzo Brown recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 4th of his career.
- Lorenzo Brown had a career high with 13 assists.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of C.J. Leslie's career.
- C.J. Leslie has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Scott Wood has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Scott Wood had career highs with a 100% field goal percentage and a 100% three-point percentage.
Duke Game Notes
- Duke lost and did not cover the spread.
- Seth Curry recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- The top two scorers (Seth Curry and Quinn Cook) accounted for 51.3% of the points.
- Mason Plumlee accounted for 31.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Seth Curry has led the team in scoring 7 times in 16 games this season.
- Mason Plumlee has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 16 games this season.
- Mason Plumlee recorded the 41st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mason Plumlee recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 28th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Quinn Cook.
- This marks the 33rd 20-point game of Seth Curry's career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Tyler Thornton.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Amile Jefferson.