(11-3, 1-1 away)
St John's 51
(9-7, 7-4 home)
Venue: Madison Square Garden
11:00AM ET / 8:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||O Porter 13
||O Porter 7
||N Lubick 2
||D Harrison 20
||J Sampson 6
||P Greene IV 2
On Saturday, January 12th, No. 19 Georgetown smoked St. John's 67-51 in conference action. Everything went right for Georgetown in this one, as they led 36-19 at the half and didn't let up in the second half. Otto Porter earned a double-double in the win with a game-high 19 points and 14 rebounds. Markel Starks had 17 points and added four rebounds. For the Red Storm, Sir`Dominic Pointer finished with 11 points and four assists (3 Reb 3 Stl). Next up for Georgetown (11-3, 1-2 Big East) is Providence (8-7, 0-3 Big East) on Wednesday, January 16th at home.
Georgetown Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:07 left to go.
- Georgetown started 11-3 during the 2008, 2006, and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- GTOWN beat the spread by 15.0 points. That makes the 4th time this season the Hoyas have beaten the spread.
- The Hoyas have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 15 or more assists.
- Georgetown has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when its had a three-point percentage of 37.5% or better.
- GTOWN has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.6% field goal percentage.
- GTOWN has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 6 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Georgetown has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Nate Lubick has 11 points or more and 78% of the time (7-2) when Otto Porter has 5 field goals made or more.
- The Hoyas set a season high for rebounds.
- The last time GTOWN recorded at least 48 rebounds was Feb 08, 2012 against Syracuse.
- Otto Porter recorded a team season high in free throws made with 9 and defensive rebounds with 13.
- The top two scorers (Otto Porter and Markel Starks) accounted for 53.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Otto Porter and D`Vauntes Smith-Rivera) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Otto Porter has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 7 times in 14 games this season.
- Otto Porter recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Otto Porter recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 7th of his career.
- D`Vauntes Smith-Rivera recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Mikael Hopkins.
St. John's Game Notes
- St. John's lost and did not cover the spread.
- Jamal Branch accounted for 31.3% of the team's points.
- Chris Obekpa accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (29) than the starters (22).
- Chris Obekpa has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 16 games this season.
- Chris Obekpa recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- JaKarr Sampson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for JaKarr Sampson.
|D||Phil Greene IV||16||0||1||0||0||0||0|