Western Illinois 89
(14-3, 5-3 away)
(4-15, 3-4 home)
Venue: Ralston Arena
12:30PM ET / 9:30AM PT, January 12, 2013
||T Parks 13
||T Parks 9
||C Clark III 4
||J Simmons 13
||A Welhouse 4
||C Carter 2
On Saturday, January 12th, Western Illinois waxed Nebraska-Omaha 89-74 in conference action. Western Illinois took a small 32-29 lead into the locker room at halftime, and then finished Nebraska-Omaha off with a big second half. The Leathernecks got a double-double out of Terell Parks with a game-high 19 points and 11 rebounds. Don McAvoy III had 15 points and added two rebounds. For the Mavericks, John Karhoff got 10 points and seven rebounds. The Leathernecks have now won 10 games straight. Western Illinois (14-3, 5-0 Summit League) hosts South Dakota State (12-6, 2-2 Summit League) on Thursday, January 17th.
Western Illinois Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:47 left to go.
- The win over Nebraska-Omaha extended the Western Illinois winning streak to 11 games.
- WIU beat the spread by 3.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Leathernecks have beaten the spread.
- The Leathernecks have won 100% of the time this season (11-0) after recording 5 or more three-pointers.
- Western Illinois has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- WIU has won 100% of the time this season (10-0) when opponents record 2 or fewer blocks.
- WIU has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after holding an opponent to under 23.1% three-point percentage.
- This season Western Illinois has won 100% of the time (6-0) when Adam Link has 12 points or more, 82% of the time (9-2) when Jack Houpt plays 34 minutes or more, and 83% of the time (5-1) when Ceola Clark III has 5 free throws made or more.
- The Leathernecks set season highs for blocks and free throws made.
- The last time WIU recorded at least 22 free throws made was Nov 12, 2010 against St. Francis (IL).
- The Leathernecks have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 11 games.
- Terell Parks accounted for 31.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Terell Parks has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 16 times in 17 games this season.
- Remy Roberts-Burnett had a career high with 5 assists.
- Terell Parks recorded the 20th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Terell Parks has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Terell Parks recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 15th of his career.
Nebraska-Omaha Game Notes
- Nebraska-Omaha lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Justin Simmons and Alex Phillips) accounted for 41.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (John Karhoff and Alex Phillips) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
- Justin Simmons has led the team in scoring 9 times in 19 games this season.
- John Karhoff has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 19 games this season.
- C.J. Carter has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for John Karhoff.
- Justin Simmons has 7 straight double-digit point games.
|A||Don McAvoy III||19||15||2||0||0||2||0|
|B||Ceola Clark III||37||8||3||3||3||0||2|